STEAM SUMMER CAMPStar Study Academy is offering STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Art) Summer Camp. Our campers will have many opportunities to explore these areas by hands-on science experiments, engineering concepts, technology via Lego robotics, math enrichment, and weekly art lessons. We study these areas together not only because the skills and knowledge in each field are essential for student success, but also because these fields are deeply related in the real world. We also go on daily trips to the parks and weekly trips to science museums. Our Campers will have leadership and Social Skills workshop on weekly basis.
Ages: 5 years old through 13 years old
Dates: June 26th through July 28th
Time: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 6:15 PM
Tuition: $400 per week (trips’ transportation and tickets not included)
Food: Campers can bring their lunch/snacks from home, vending machine available for snacks
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS!
Science, Technology and Lego Machines
Campers will be taught:
- How to build simple machines with moving parts using Lego pieces. Students will be challenged to design and create own machines. Exploring Lego robotics.
- How to use Microsoft Office tools and make Power Point Presentations.
- How to research for homework and school projects.
- Science exploration through hands-on experiments, projects, and videos. Discussions on various topics such as Astronomy, Meteorology, Geology, Measurement Systems and many more.
Art, Leadership and Social Skills Training
The goals of Art, leadership and social skills training include:
- We offer art lessons by a renowned artist.
- Giving students an opportunity to grow into tomorrows leaders.
- Improving students’ self-esteem by discussing proper social skills.
- Practicing impromptu speaking through surprise topics.
- Discussing and studying persuasive speaking techniques.
- Workshops on social skills.
The Academic Enrichment program will include:
- Students will receive one on one support on Summer Packets and Summer reading projects.
- Language Arts and Math enrichment using computers.
- Students working on individualized program that they will work on daily.
- Daily discussions of short stories or books that students read.
- Typing skills practice.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR CAMPERS FOR MAKING 2016/2017 MINI-CAMPS A SUCCESS